Sunday, November 13, 2011

(very) Belated Birthday Thanks!



Blah...Well, I'm not going to get thank you notes out for the girls birthdays. They have been sitting here on my "desk" (aka the kitchen bar) for a while now. I figure that by the time I would get them written, addressed and sent, it would be time to send Christmas cards. I figure most of you who were gift givers are the same folks who check the blog so I'm sending you a big thank you blog post! I apologize for the informality of it as well as the HUGE delay on it. Emily Post would not be happy with me.
Plus, I figured if I posted the gifts in the blog, it will be fun to look at way down the road when I have it printed in the blog book. :)

A big thank you to...
  • Cindy and Mark et al for the Lalaloopsy Land and the tshirt and shorts for Emma & Soph and the IU dress and baby for Lily.
  • Auntie Brandi et al for the didj game for Emma and the Pet Shop stuff for Soph
  • Gabe & Shantel for the boat from Tangled and the princess Dress Shop
  • Nana for the Rapunzel tower (to share) and "Mouse" books for Lily.
  • Uncle Gary for the Melissa and Doug birthday cake set for the girls.
  • Uncle Adam and Renee for the Princess game for Emma and the princess Walkie Talkies for Soph and the gift money for Lily (Mommy bought her some new shoes and some snuggly bird pjs and a boho carters outfit with it)
  • Grandma and Papa for the pearl necklaces with each year of age for the girls as well as the Lalaloopsy dolls and ballet outfits for Em & Soph's American Girl dolls. And the fun dinosaur ball popper and leopard jacket and pants for Lily. She plays with that ball popper everyday!
  • Grandma Lois for the gift cards to the Disney Store for Emma & Soph. Those were spent at lightning speed! Soph bought a bedazzled princess outfit with all the princesses on it, which became her one of her favorite outfits. Emma bought a Marie cat and Perry the Platypus (and something else I can't remember). And thank you for Lily's sugar plum outfit. It's adorable. (Thanks for my Olive Garden gift card, too for my birthday. I'm still trying to get a date with this cute guy that I keep running in to. He's tall, dark and handsome. I hear he's an attorney!)
  • Uncle Andrew and Auntie Kate for the mermaid Dora for Soph, the barbie for Emma and the Violet pal for Lily. She loves that pal, especially because it says her name. Thanks for setting it up beforehand for her!
  • Luke and Kristin for the gift cards for Target. They got...something princess I know, but the specific items escape me at the moment. Those two LOVE gift cards.
  • The Bennetts for the color wonder sets. We are getting close to burning all of the metallic paper up creating masterpieces. Those are pretty cool. And thank you for the fleece dress and button bracelet for Lily. Adorable!
  • Souk for the wall decals. They were immediately all placed on their walls either the night of the party or the day after and they look fabulous. Princesses everywhere!...and the puzzle, too.
  • Aunt Jan and Uncle Dan for Lily's dress. She wore it on her party day. Emma & Soph picked it out for her. She did look pretty darn cute in it!
  • Poppy for gift money. Emma & Soph took an hour at Toys R Us deciding on something. Emma bought her big Ariel doll and Soph bought a Belle doll. I'm still thinking about something Lily might use her gift on. I'm sure something will come up later.
  • Joni et al for the dresses and bunny from England. We love it all. We so appreciate you taking the time and effort to get gifts all the way here to us! Miss you!
I'm sure there are some things I've missed and for that I'm sorry. I'm going from a quick list that was jotted from Em and Soph's party and the rest is from memory. Thank you to those who came to the parties to share these milestones with us. They were pretty fun.
We love you all!

No comments: