More of the "60 days."
Made some serious headway in my kitchen yesterday. Purged and organized:
junk drawer
bread/water bottle cabinet
coffee/bottles/travel coffee mug cabinet
utensil drawer
big utensil drawer
cup/dish cabinet
2 pots and pans drawers
I had one smaller bag of trash and one very large box of stuff to donate.
I am finding that the key to organizing and then staying that way is to truly have a place for everything and put everything back in it's place. Now, I think I'll be able to handle this given how much time I've taken to organize it, but the hubs is going to need some serious training! (especially when he empties the dishwasher)
I also tackled another rather large project yesterday that's carried over to today...MY BAGS!
I pulled all of them out of the closet and put laid them out on the bed and floor. I will never tell how many I pulled out! NEVER! If I did, I'm afraid I'd come home one day with my family and a therapist in the room ready to stage an intervention.
So far, I've purged 20% of them, either for the sale or donation. I plan to go through them again once before they go back into the closet.
I found I need to organize them better so I can get to them easier in hopes of using them...and so I don't forget what I have. And, now I'll shop at home first...AND I'm going to stick to the "one in, one out" rule.
I have all the my totes in one large clear bin like files. I have backpacks grouped together and easily seen as well as diaper bags gathered in one designated spot. I need to go to Walmart later and find just the right size clear bin for my purses.
Once I get them back in the closet I'll snap a pic of it :)
*I have discovered that I do layers of purging. I go through something once and get rid of things I don't have to think about, then I can start going to the stuff that's a little harder to part with. Another thing I found I need to do is gather it all together in one spot for me to see it. I'm a very visual person. This is how I find duplicates to thin out.
"Thankfuls" from yesteday:
Mommy-that Daddy will be home for good from Chicago soon
Emma-clocks...(?!)
Soph-ice cream
Mommy-that the basement wasn't ruined
Daddy-that he was home for the weekend
Emma-the whole world
Soph-for the sky
Nana-her church, St. Lukes UMC
Uncle Adam-that it's been a little warmer outside



No comments:
Post a Comment