Wednesday, November 2, 2011

today

So today I actually tackled 3 days worth of areas listed on my "40 Days" challenge! It was one of those things that once I started, I didn't want to stop. I found that if I take the time and look and around the house and see all that I want to accomplish I get overwhelmed. I had to stop myself several times and say one day at at time. I'm eating an elephant here.
As for the girls closet, Clover Lane says she has her kids hang most of their clothes. I had made the mistake of starting out with neat piles of folded shirts, pants, shorts and after a few times of the girls helping me put clothes away, they were a mess! So i have it now where everything is hanging except for pants.
As for purging...I only filled up one shopping bag full of extras to give to my mom to take to a charity called Outreach. She was just telling me about it this weekend. It's a shelter for teens, a lot of young mothers there who would always be in need of clothing. As I was packing up the outgrown stuff, I would pick say 1 tshirt out of 6 to donate. I can post a pick of my bins later. I have 4 going up to the attic:
3t clothes for Lily later
4t summer clothes for Sophie next summer (or a warm winter vaca)
5t clothes for Sophie next year
5t & 6 summer clothes for Emma.

After putting Lily to bed tonight, I quickly went through Emma and Sophie's nightstand and bathroom vanity. Tossed out a hand full of trash, and removed stuff that didn't belong there. I had 20 or so wash cloths. Who needs that many?!
I can say that their room is officially done! Yippee!
37 more areas to go!

No comments: