Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday

{Richie with his oldest daughter Erin}
This is a photo of Adam's and my baptism day. The guy in the rocking chair is my dad's best friend, Richie, who sadly passed away last Saturday after a long battle with cancer. I went to the visitation with my dad and it seemed to hit me harder than I expected it to. My parents and some of his U of Dayton college friends got together all the time when we were all babies. We would have cookouts, meet at a park for picnics & camp...no elaborate parties or babysitters, just good times with good friends. I really have no specific memories of those get togethers because I was so little, but every time I look at the photos I have an overwhelming sense of love and friendship that I hope to pass on to this generation. Richie was a great man who loved his family and friends passionately. He will be missed so much.
Not sure if they actually played the game. I think they just played with the little pieces for a while.
Tank
This baby loves her baths!

No comments: