Monday, May 16, 2011

Chicago {May 14 & 15}

Tim & I headed up to Chicago for a long overdue "date weekend." Although it was rainy and cold, we still had a very fun and relaxing time. We slept like rocks Saturday night with no monitors to listen to or dogs waking us.
It was nice to have the 3 hrs together in the car to just talk without our thought processes being interrupted. I did catch myself having a feeling that I need to check on the girls in the back seat just out of habit :)
We walked around on Saturday shopping along Michigan Ave., went back to the hotel and dozed off for a bit and then gorged ourselves on italian food and wine.
Sunday morning after sleeping in, we had a great breakfast at our hotel and then went to Art Institute.
Then, we picked up some Starbucks and headed home...another relaxing drive.
This is the lobby of The Palmer House. Great place to stay.
Lunch at Rockit. This was the chef special that day. Angus beef, fried potatoes topped with a fried egg and cheese. Definitely a "guy's meal."

Tim took his first photo with our new camera. I might actually be in more photos soon :)

No comments: