Emma had her very last day of preschool today and her graduation ceremony was this evening. We had kind of a rough day and I thought she was going to have to miss it. She started feeling bad after class today and it just got worse. She spiked a fever and looked like she just felt plain junky! Zipped her over to see Uncle Scott and where he said it wasn't strep, but put her on abx just in case something was brewing. After flying home and with Motrin (a miracle drug in my book) on board, she rallied and wanted to go. I know I broke the cardinal rule of sending a kid to school with a fever, but oh well. I told her not to cough on anyone :)
She wanted Mozzi's Pizza to celebrate so that's what we did to top the night off with their dessert pizza. I was just glad she felt well enough to eat it.
Kids are so resilient. She was flattened by her fever this afternoon, but then skipping up the sidewalk to the ceremony.
I can't believe how quickly her preschool years have gone! I asked her tonight at bedtime if she felt older, like a Kindergartener, and she said yes with a big smile on her face. We are so proud of her. Love you, Mim!
No comments:
Post a Comment