Emma saw Dr. Miner, the ENT, yesterday and he said her tonsils and more that likely her adenoids too need to come out! Coincidentally, she has had a fever the last few days and Dr. Miner dx'd her with strep and put on on some meds for that. She has maybe only had strep once before so good timing on that one I guess.
She's scheduled for next Thursday morning. We have to check in at 6:45am! She has asked a few questions about it wondering what they're going to do. She asked if they cut them out with a sharp thing. She's too smart so I had to tweak it a bit saying I think they use some special tonsil removing tool, but you won't feel a thing because you'll be asleep. She said I'm not good at sleeping (so true! at least she acknowledges it) so I said they give her medicine so they know she's asleep. And I told her that her throat would be sore like it's been in the past but we can give her medicine. She know she can have smoothies and ice cream all week so she's working on her smoothie recipes in her head.
Right now I'm more concerned about getting her blood drawn on Monday. The ear piercing episode last winter was traumatic so I'm kind of expecting the worst for this.
Listening to her again this morning (in our bed) I know she has to have them out. She is having so much trouble getting comfortable to breathe and not sleeping well at all.
Sunday 6
19 hours ago



No comments:
Post a Comment