Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Brave Soph

Soph had to go to the dentist yesterday to have a broken molar fixed. It's a tooth that had a filling in it and has broken once and was patched in Feb. Well it had broken again and I had a feeling that she would need to have a crown put on similar to Emma's. So just she and I went. Grandma watched Emma and Lily so I could focus only on her.
She had to get numbed up on that side but her dentist is awesome at helping kids be as comfortable as possible. She got "giggle gas" that smelled like cupcakes and cookies. She was a brave little girl! She held still as she squeezed my hands and we had her beloved blankie on her lap too. She got to pick out two things from the treasure chest there and then we stopped at Target to get her a surprise too along with some Motrin. She picked out a Tangled fleece throw that Emma is now so jealous of. All afternoon she said "Mama, I don't want to go back there." Poor little thing. I hated not telling her what was coming, but she wouldn't have understood. Just one of those mommy moments where I glad to bear the anxiety about it, but wish I could have it done on myself instead of her. She's our tough little chick.

On another note, I'm sitting here listening to Emma snoring on the couch. She came down early to watch cartoons and feel asleep again. She is going to Dr. Miner, and ENT, this Thur to see if she needs her tonsils out. I've noticed that she's been having sleep apnea lately. She'll fidget in her sleep sometimes every 10 seconds to find a position to breathe easier. One of her tonsils is so big it's touching the uvula! I think her adenoids are large, too. I know she's not getting the good sleep she needs. I'm glad we might have this done before Kindergarten starts. She's already on the books to have this done next Thurs if the ENT thinks it needs to be done. So the following week, we'll be laying low around here.

To round up medical/dental procedures around here, I have to have a dental implant put in sometime soon which I am SO dreading! I have a tooth with an old root canal and crown that broke off a few years ago and had a new crown and post put in. I guess the small amount of remaining tooth under there is disintegrating so implant is my last option and I'm opting to be sedated! The process will take about 6 months to be completely done. Geesh! I'm going to channel some of Soph brave attitude to get through that!

No comments: