
Yesterday, I had a bit of a tantrum/meltdown myself. I asked the girls to clean up their room and the playroom (something that should have been done the night before). I showed them their clock and said when the long hand reaches the 12 I'm taking stuff away. It was 20+ time frame. Plenty of time to do it. I was working on sewing stuff and they were just dilly dallying picking up a few things here and there. I gave them a few reminders to look at the clock. Well, sure enough on the hour I got a basket and started gathering and then had two little chicks freaking out! I was so mad that I threatened to give that stuff to kids that would appreciate it and put it away and then ranted (I'm sure too much) about how they were acting ungrateful for the nice things they had.
After about 10 minutes of the stuff disappearing into the basement, it was all but forgotten. This upset me even more because I thought, "How can they not care about losing that stuff?!" There was a favorite baby in there and Soph's Marie. It made me realize that there is just too much of it! I have been doing a lot of work purging things in the house, but it's really time for me to hit the playroom!
The elves who witnessed our fits, must have told the big guy on their trip up north last night and he sent back a message with them. The girls found this small note rolled up in their advent calendar. We'll see if Santa can get through to them!


No comments:
Post a Comment