Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Our summer...

I feel like we've started our summer in a full sprint. Emma has already had her "get to know you" day at St. Michaels, which she enjoyed. She came out the car with a smile on her face telling me about getting popsicles and singing songs. I'm glad she had that so she can have all summer to think about how Kindergarten is going to be. She likes to ponder things for a while.
Starting next week we have swim lessons for 2 weeks. The class is in the morning at our public outdoor pool. Brrrr! I imagine it might be a character building class, too. You couldn't pay me to get in a cold pool these days! They'll survive. Plus, I wanted to get it in before we go to Gulf Shores.
Em & Soph start summer dance classes next week also. This will be Emma's third class, but Soph's first so she's really excited about that. I like the summer sessions because it's only 7 wks long vs an entire semester.
Last but not least, they both have gymnastics class. I asked if Soph could be moved to the 4/5 year old class so she and Emma could go at the same time, which means we are only at the gym for an hour. So much better for me and Lily! They are changing things up with the gym classes to where the kids will learn small routines and have "competitions" four times a year. It's great because it's one of those where everyone wins at this age. They'll love it!
Oh and yes, we are so ready for our beach vacation in a few weeks. The girls are already telling me things to add to our packing list. My Uncle Bill is letting us borrow his full size van to drive down there. It's will be like driving a living room on wheels...so nice. Very excited to be able to use that. It will make the drive SO much better! It has a DVD player so I imagine we'll just have a Disney Movie Marathon on the way there. That's it for now....

No comments: