Friday, September 23, 2011

long time

Oh my goodness, it's been a while since I've posted! Sorry, Grandma :) She asked me if my camera was broken. The last few weeks have been crazy!
I sold some stuff for the first time in the Whale of a Sale consignment sale and I kind of bit off more than I could chew with it. But, I had piled everything up and committed to selling what I said I was going to. I'm glad it's over. Plus, I have already been able to track what has sold. Next sale I'll know how to organize it a little better.
Plus...our washer has crapped out on us. After 7 years, it needs some repair. I got a load out early this week and there were grease droplets all over the clothes! Bummer! Apparently, the gasket between the tub and the gearbox was bad and oil was getting through into the water. A guy from Sears came out, diagnosed the problem, ordered parts (which came today) and he will come back on Monday to put the new parts it. The service guy told me 3-4 days for parts to come it. I had to ask twice because I thought he was joking! No washer for 6 days for me?!! Not good!
Anyone with kids, dogs, cat, etc. knows how laundry can take over a house in a matter of days. I couldn't stand waiting until Mon to get to it all. Plus, it would be SO gross by then! The girls and I have gone over to Pat and Ron's during the last few days to do laundry. The girls loved it. It was a fun mini trip for them. They sat on the back deck and colored pictures for them and also had a tea party. I played on the floor with Lily uninterrupted for a while and watched afternoon tv (something I never get to do). It was pretty nice.
Mom, Emma, Soph and I are headed to The Feast of the Hunters Moon in Lafayette tomorrow. I'll try to take photos of that. Always a good time.

No comments: