Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Praise the Lord for modern medicine!

I had a tooth implant procedure started today which involved extracting the existing root canal tooth and crown. Per a recent xray, I had an infection brewing under the root tips of that tooth. So my only option was to have an implant. My remaining original tooth has seen it's day.
I have been a nervous wreck about this. I can handle most painful medical things EXCEPT dental work! I knew they would have to be cleaning out the inside of my jawbone and it just totally freaked me out. I, of course, opted to be sedated for it. We're not talking just nitrous here. I needed the IV and meds so I wouldn't remember this!
After my IV was started and nitrous flowing, too I remember getting ready to say, "I'm getting ready to be asleep, aren't I?" ...zzzzzzzz....soon Tim magically appeared next to me in a smaller recovery type room to then take me home.
I took a 3 hr nap when I got home. YIPPEE! I guess that's what it takes to get a decent one around here these days.
So glad the worst part of it is over. I go back in a few months after this has healed and then get the titanium screw placed (eeek!) More to post on that later....

No comments: