Emma had her first horse riding lesson on Wednesday. I thought that she would only be learning to lead, but after a few rules and instructions she was on a horse! She chose a horse named Stella to ride. She is the youngest and smallest kid in the class, so it was pretty impressive to see her up there in her small saddle. She learned how to hold the reins and worked on some balancing. I got to walk right beside her the whole time with a hand on her, just in case (made me feel a lot better). She was nervous only for a minute when she got on the horse for the first time. I think it was just the height thing. She got comfortable right away. I'll keep you posted if I'll need to start saving money to buy a horse down the road. We'll see how much she gets in to it. Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of her in her gear (bright pink bike helmet, jeans and leather princess boots). I'll try to get one next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment