This morning when she woke up she said she was "ready for pre-cool" and put on the dress she has picked out just for today. Tim and I could see the wheels start to turn when we all got in the car. She walked in to the school and we said good morning to Mrs. Moon and she grabbed my hand like, "well, you can just come in, too Mommy." But I just kissed and hugged and said goodbye and she tried the same with Daddy. Then, she looked up at us with the saddest, most betrayed look I have EVER seen and I knew we needed to bolt for the sake of all of us.
Tim and I drove back home, Sophie in the back laughing at herself over something, feeling both a bit like we had just been sucker punched.
When we picked her up, Mrs. Moon said she only cried for about 5 minutes...I cried for about 10, so I guess all in all it wasn't so bad. We were sure ready to pick her up and were SO relieved to see her smiling and get huge hugs and kisses. More thankfully, she said she'll go back on Thursday!



2 comments:
She looked so cute on her first day of preschool. How sad that must have been! Cooper woke up last night with his first teething moment. He just started screaming bloody murder about 10:30pm. So sad! Love the princess costumes. She is such a cute little girl.
SOOO cute! When I first saw that dress on Saturday, I thought it would be perfect for her first day of school! Keep up the good work on the blog! I check it all the time for updates :-)
Post a Comment